(Version: 15th January 2017)
What information do we collect?
The personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details, date of birth, course information, credit card or billing information, and data about the pages you visit on our website, as well as any other personal information that you supply to us.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- Personal information you choose to disclose. You may provide us with your information when you register for any products or services on our website that require registration, when you contact us, or when you order products and services from us.
In addition, our website server will collect your IP address and browser type as well as details of the website or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to:
- See out how many times our site has been visited;
- See what sections of our site have been visited so we can improve content, layout, and performance of our site;
- See how our email communications are performing.
From time to time we may supply anonymised versions of this data to third parties for uses in connection with our website.
What will we do with your personal information?
We may use your personal information to process your online purchases, to inform you about products and services offered by us, to improve the products and services offered to you, for market research purposes, for marketing, statistical or analytical purposes, and otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers. We will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent. Specifically, we may use your information to:
- Contact you with more information about our products and services, except where you have told us not to;
- Inform you of activities on our website;
- Invite you to join surveys, forum discussions, and prize draws as well as ask for your views and opinions on our products and services.
Additionally, we use personal information in an aggregated form to support marketing activity, analyse how our website is used, and aid in the future development of our website.
We will show your username on any content you submit to the forums on our website.
We will not send you marketing emails if you have unsubscribed from receiving them. Any marketing emails we send to you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
How do we keep your personal information safe?
We strive to protect the safety of all your personal information. Every page on our website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption and we protect your payment information against unauthorised access through this secure approach. Where we use third parties to process personal information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information. We use appropriate security measures on our own website, but the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
Any personal information that you voluntarily post on our website, such as a discussion forum, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.
Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
We will never sell your personal information. Because the Internet is a global environment, you accept and agree that this will include the transfer of your personal information to other countries around the world, including countries outside of the European Economic Area that may not have the same data protection laws as the UK. We may disclose and share personal information with the third parties listed below:
- Our service providers including, credit reference agencies and payment processors, distributors/agents of our products and services, suppliers who develop or host our website;
- Third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page;
- When required or permitted by law;
- Relevant third parties such as your employer, your school/college/university, your internet service provider, and law enforcement agencies if we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law;
- Other third parties with your consent.
What if you are under 18 years old?
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our website or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.